Time to Move returns in 2017!
The Time to Move campaign is the flagship campaign of the Eurodesk network. It is a collection of online and offline events for young people organised during October. These activities will introduce you to the hundreds of possibilities through which you can go abroad and take part in an international project, explore Europe or gain experience you need for your future.
Join our campaign online on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Youtube by using the #timetomove2017 hashtag.
You can get creative online and maybe win some prizes: submit your t-shirt design for the Time to Move competition.
If Time to Move has sparked your interest in opportunities abroad, we recommend you to have a look here:
- on our website we have a section on going abroad, a whole range of information for young people and different funding and training opportunities as well as competitions.
- on the Eurodesk.eu website you can find a map of Eurodesk contact points across 34 countries which can be particularly helpful if you are looking for support in a specific language or linked to a specific location. You can also find lots of scholarships, interships, grants, training and competitions there.
- don't forget to check out the Time to Move website, with a whole section on resources and information around internships, travel, study and volunteering.
- Last but not least, have a look at the European Youth Portal for youth-specific information, both European and national, available in the language of your choice.
Check out the dedicated Time to Move website: http://timetomove.eurodesk.eu/
Here you will be able to find:
- what activities are taking place across Europe;
- how you can get involved (hint: it involves using #timetomove2017);
- a vast amount of resources related to studying, volunteering, internships and travelling; and
- the t-shirt design competition.
If you are looking for support in a specific language or linked to a specific location, make sure to check out the map of Eurodesk contact points across 34 countries.
And why not have a go at designing your own Time to Move t-shirt? You could win some fabulous prizes!
All the activities in the UK are run by our Eurodesk UK Network of Partners and Ambassadors, always ready to have a discussion and help you find the international project most suitable for your needs. We currently have 15 Partners across the UK as well as 17 enthusiastic Ambassadors who can all advise you on opportunities to go abroad.
Interested in meeting them face-to-face? Find out what is happening near you during Time to Move by checking out the events on our map of activities below.
Another reason to go meet our Eurodesk Partners during October is that you could win a £50! Get creative, take a picture with a Eurodesk selfie frame and upload it here.
Still have questions? Ask them on the European Youth Portal.
As part of Time to Move in 2017, Eurodesk UK is partnering up with Euroguidance to organise the Stand Out in a Global Market event series.
This event series aims to inspire young people to kick-start their careers by gaining experience abroad. Free one-day events are held around the UK and are open to any 16-18 year old, regardless of their programme of study. The events demonstrate the range of opportunities available, from vocational courses to international exchanges.
Attendees can get advice from students who have already been abroad on what it’s really like. At the same time they hear from employers on what they look for in graduates to compete globally. Other organisations such as universities and volunteer groups are also on hand to guide young people towards the opportunity which may be right for them.
This year's events are being held in Birmingham, Bradford and Hull:
31st October – the Studio, Birmingham
9th November – the Opportunity Centre, City House, Bradford
15th November – KCOM Stadium, Hull
The agendas for the day will look to reassure students that, despite recent political events, there are still lots of different international opportunities available to them. Indeed studying and working abroad remains a cost effective, fun way for young people to gain important employability skills which will help them get ahead in an increasingly competitive labour market.
Watch last year's video here:
HOW TO REGISTER
Places at the events are limited so early registration is essential.
Bradford and Hull:
To register your school email firstname.lastname@example.org. All registered schools are guaranteed places for 10 students (+ 1 staff place). If you wish to bring more students please get in touch to discuss your requirements.