ENABLE - Inclusive Education for All
The Organising Bureau of European School Student Unions (OBESSU) has launched a call for participants to join the Study Session "ENABLE - Inclusive Education for All!" from 19 to 25 April 2020 in Strasbourg, France.
The main aim is to explore how school student unions, learners and activists can contribute to creating inclusive education for all, involving especially learners with disabilities in formal, non-formal and informal learning.
The specific goals are:
● To establish a common ground of understanding of inclusion, independent living, different abilities, inclusive education and related terms;
● To gain understanding of key documents of the Council of Europe related to the topic of disabilities;
● To exchange practices from different realities and explore the role of learners acting for inclusive education;
● To create a map of the level of inclusion of educational systems in participants’ countries and pool of practices that can be used to develop inclusive education in schools in Europe further.
Who can participate
● Young people up to 35 years old;
● Residents of the 47 member states of the Council of Europe and parties to the European Cultural Convention (Belarus, Holy See, and Kazakhstan).
● Motivated participants who have experience or an interest in the areas of disabilities, independent living and inclusive education.
● Participants should be willing to share what they have learned in their member organisation or communities following the study session.
The study session will be in English and speech-to-text service.
Deadline to apply: 4 February 2020, 23:59 CET.
Read more here.