European Disability Forum - Oracle E-Accessibility Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
The scholarship is addressed to students with disabilities who are currently enrolled in a high education programme in the area of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, User Experience, or related fields enrolled at a EU university for the academic year 2019-2020. This includes Bachelors, Masters and PhD students.
The EDF - Oracle e-Accessibility Scholarship consists €6,500 for the 2019-2020 academic year.
The Scholarship will be awarded primarily based on a project or thesis in which the needs of persons with disabilities in terms of accessibility to ICT (e-Accessibility) are taken into consideration, and/or an innovative solution to enhance their access is proposed.
The project must be an integral component of the educational programme undertaken by the student, e.g. final year assignment, or part of their Masters or Ph.D.
The project may already be underway, or be a proposal.
Eligible applicants should
- be a student with a disability in the field of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, User Experience, or related field,
- be citizens of the European Union (EU), resident within the EU at the time of the deadline for submitting applications,
- be enrolled at a university in the EU for the 2019-2020 academic year, including online universities based in the EU,
- a strong academic record,
- have a disability, (see FAQs for definition of disability),
- have not benefited from the scholarship in the past.
Deadline to apply: 6 March 2020 (23:59 CET).
Find out more here.