The new Eurydice Brief builds on the May 2017 report, summarising its main findings and including recent research works and EU policy documents.
The Brief is structured around five key EU and national language policy themes:
- the importance of learning 'at least two foreign languages from a very early age';
- the range of foreign languages learnt by students;
- foreign language teaching (focusing both on teachers and their visits abroad for professional purposes, and CLIL as a teaching approach);
- the expected levels of attainment in foreign languages;
- language support measures to facilitate the integration of newly arrived migrant students.