Are you interested in physical or mental health? Looking for some sport & fitness ideas? Have a look at some of the suggestions below or check the 'Health' section on the European Youth Portal.
Cannot find what you are looking for? Ask us a question!
- What is happening regarding Youth Health on an EU level? Find out here.
- Are you having trouble sleeping? Then we've got some hints and tips for you.
- Find out if you are a good sleeper by taking this quiz.
- Obesity is on the rise, and it can have a disastrous impact on health. What is the EU doing to help?
- Are your vaccinations up to date? Meningitis – know the signs, act fast.
- Blood donation: you might have spotted the letters A, B and O going missing from the logos of some big companies this Summer. Find out more about the Missing Type campaign and why it is important to donate blood.
- “Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are.” But did you know that what you eat can actually influence your mental health?
- Social media, celebrities and health food crazes – we are constantly bombarded by images of the ideal body and being told what we should or shouldn’t eat. But what is really going on with young people's body image these days?
- We all know stress is not good for our mental health. Luckily we've got some hints and tips on how to beat stress!
- Very popular these days and worth a try to improve your mental health: mindfulness.
- European Week of Sport 2016 (10-24 September): The annual European Week of Sport aims to promote sport and physical activity across Europe. The Week is for everyone, regardless of age, background or fitness level. With a focus on grassroots initiatives, it will inspire Europeans to #BeActive on a regular basis and create opportunities in peoples’ everyday lives to exercise more.
- Enjoy running? Or need that extra bit of motivation? Why not run for a good cause?
- Exercising doesn't need to be expensive. You can even do it for free.
- Want to get out there to be active? Make sure to check our outdoors activities guide.
The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is a free card that gives you access to medically necessary, state-provided healthcare during a temporary stay in any of the 28 EU countries, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, under the same conditions and at the same cost (free in some countries) as people insured in that country.
Read more about 'Health' on the European Youth Portal: