#iwill is a UK-wide campaign that aims to make social action part of life for as many 10 to 20 year-olds as possible by the year 2020. Coordinated by the charity Step Up To Serve, it is spreading the word about the benefits of youth social action, working to embed it in the journey of young people and create fresh opportunities for participation. This includes activities such as campaigning, fundraising and volunteering, all of which create a double-benefit – to communities and young people themselves.
As part of the campaign, Eurodesk UK has pledged to:
- Inspire and empower young people to get involved in social action.
- Inform young people and youth organisations about social action opportunities in Europe.
- Build strong partnerships that support young people through the Eurodesk UK multiplier network.
- Promote and celebrate the positive role young people can play through social action.
- Promote the link between volunteering and employability.
- Ensure young people’s voices are heard so that our services are shaped with their needs at the centre.
There is lots you can do to help social action become a part of life for more young people. Show your support by following the campaign on social media, signing up to the #iwill newsletter and supporting young people you know to take part. Also consider how organisations you are involved with can make an #iwill pledge.