Online Thinkathon Challenge
Do you want to shape our inclusive digital future by building on technical advancements? Make sure your voice is heard, join the challenge, connect with driven young people from Europe and Canada on a local and international level and share your opinions on how we can build our future society in a modern digital context. Network, develop new skills and influence topics that are important to you and the world!
During this online challenge you will develop a project with driven young people from Canada and Europe to help build a modern and digitally inclusive society based on one of these topics:
- Climate change
- Gender equality
- individuals aged between 18 and 30 years;
- living as permanent residents or citizens either in Europe or Canada; and
- registering online for the Thinkathon.
How to participate
- Register on the platform and create or join a team of 2 - 4 members. For this, each team needs to prepare an up to 5-slide presentation to present their ideas and recommendations for the chosen category.
- You can use the provided presentation template.
- Each team must upload their presentation to their participation space. Submissions must be made in English.
- The voting stage will take place after and up to 50 teams will be selected to go through the second round.
- The 5 best teams will pitch their solution to the jury that will select the three winners.
- First prize: 400 Euro (per team member)
- Second prize: 300 Euro (per team member)
- Third prize: 200 Euro (per team member)
- Audience prize: 100 Euro (per team member)
The winners will be invited to a dedicated info session online with policymakers in either Ottawa, Canada (for European participants) or Brussels, Belgium (for Canadian participants). During these sessions, the results of the overall project (Online and Onsite) will be presented by the Online challenge as well as last Thinkathon finalists who then will have the chance not only to meet but also to discuss with Canadian and European policymakers about the importance of the results.
The final will be live-streamed. The public will have the chance to vote on the presented ideas and select the team that will win the audience prize.
Visit Thinkathon - Our Digital Future pages.