Plan and prepare

Ready to make your move? Check out the resources below to help you prepare for your trip!

Foreign Travel Advice

Foreign Travel Advice: Check the government's advice for travel to a specific country. This includes safety and security, terrorism, local laws and customs, entry requirements, health and money.

European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)

European Health Insurance Card: The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is a free card that gives you access to medically necessary, state-provided healthcare during a temporary stay in any of the 28 EU countries, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, under the same conditions and at the same cost (free in some countries) as people insured in that country.

You can now also download the app!

EU Citizenship Portal

EU Citizenship Portal: Information on European Union citizenship, including your rights as a citizen of an EU member country, and ways to get involved in European politics and shape the EU's agenda.

European Youth Card

The European Youth Card is a card for young people offering a large number of discounts on culture, travel, accommodation, shopping and services in most European countries. Check out the discounts in the online database, which you can search by category, city or country.

Everyone under the age of 30 (or 26, depending on the country or region) can become a cardholder – you don’t have to be a student or a resident of a European country. You can find a quick overview of countries and their age limits here. If there is no national card organisation in your country or you are coming from outside of Europe, you can buy the card online through the Kiosk webshop.

In the United Kingdom, you can get your card from vInspired (England) and Young Scot (Scotland).