Plan and prepare coming to the UK

Thinking about moving to the UK? There are a few things you can look into before coming over, so here are our suggestions: 

European Health Insurance Card

The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is a free card that gives you access to medically necessary, state-provided healthcare during a temporary stay in any of the 28 EU countries, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, under the same conditions and at the same cost (free in some countries) as people insured in that country.

EU Immigration Portal

The EU Immigration Portal is a website intended for non-EU citizens who wish to migrate to the European Union. It contains up-to-date and practical information on EU and national immigration procedures and policies. It explains how to enter EU borders legally and describes the risks related to irregular migration, such as trafficking and smuggling. Workers, researchers, students and those looking to join their families already in the EU can find information adapted to their needs. Users can also find straightforward information about their rights and whether they need a visa to come to the EU. It also contains links and contact details of relevant national authorities responsible for immigration, as well as a contact directory of governmental and non-governmental organisations for migrants.

EU citizenship Portal

The EU citizenship Portal offers you information about issues related to EU citizenship: your rights as a citizen of an European Union member country and ways to get involved in European politics and shape the EU's political agenda.

EU Skills Profile Tool for Third Country Nationals

Developed by the European Commission, the tool aims to support early identification of the skills of refugees, migrants and other third country nationals. The tool is intended for use by any service that may be offering assistance services to third country nationals and aims to get to know the individual, their skills and experiences and provide recommendations on next steps. The tool is not intended to recognise or authenticate skills. 
The tool will be available in all EU and EEA languages and in Arabic, Farsi, Pashto, Sorani, Somali and Tigrinya.