Travel Writing Scholarships 2020
Aspiring writers from 18 years old or over, from any nationality, are invited to submit applications for the travel writing scholarship organised by World Nomads.
Applicants from any nationality must
- be older than 18, or the age of majority in the relevant jurisdiction, by the application deadline to enter;
- have a valid passport by the application deadline with at least 6 months’ validity;
- be available to travel from 13 September to 28 September 2020.
How to apply
Entrants will have to write 700 words or less travel story about a travel experience around one of the following themes:
- A leap into the unknown;
- Making a local connection;
- I didn't expect to find.
Three writers will win a 10-day travel writing trip in the Caribbean.
The scholarships will cover:
- $500 worth of Toad&Co. sustainable travel apparel and gear;
- return economy airfare from the nearest international airport to Panama;
- a 4-day all-expenses-paid workshop (from 14 to 17 September 2020) with professional travel writer and scholarship mentor Tim Neville in Panama;
- 10-day all-expenses-paid trip in a specific part of the Caribbean;
- portfolio review of content produced on the trip by National Geographic Editor-at-large Norie Quintos;
- the cost of any relevant visas and vaccinations and travel insurance for the duration of the trip provided by World Nomads.
Deadline to apply: 11 March 2020
Find out more here.