Whether you prefer to travel far and wide, or like to return to that nice little spot around the corner, we all find ourselves daydreaming about our next trip. That is why we brought together some useful hints and tips for you to start your journey, about transport and accommodation.
Start your journey
- Before you go: on a trip, you need a plan. So check out these discount cards, travel guides and online travel portals.
- Getting your first adult passport: ready to his the road this summer? But are your documents sorted?
- Learn a language while travelling: find out how your trip abroad can help you learn and improve your fluency.
- Where to go, what to do: in need of some travel inspiration?
- Feel at home in any country: immersing yourself in local culture is the best way to make the most of your travels.
Or do you like to do things a bit differently?
- Go solo, stay safe: useful hint and tips for solo travellers
- How to be an ethical tourist: ethical tourism and responsible tourism mean thinking about the consequences of your actions as a tourist on the environment, local people and local economy.
- Go green, go further: some ideas for more eco-friendly travel.
- Why travelling is even better when volunteering: read up on all the reasons why you should definitely consider this.
- Passenger rights: what to do in case of delays, cancellations or damaged luggage.
- Unusual transport in Europe: You might be familiar with taking buses, trains or flights, but some countries have more unusual ways to travel.
- Flying is not the only option: With most European countries being close, sometimes you can reach your destination in different ways: train, bus, ferry are only some options to travel and explore Europe.
- Short-stay accommodation in Europe: You have your trip all planned out: bags are packed, tickets are booked, but what about accommodation? Check out various options for an affordable stay during your journey.
- Survival tips for your stay in a hostel: What better way to travel the world in a budget-conscious way, whilst meeting other people, than staying in hostels? Here’s how to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
- Do you have a spare couch: Travelling is a great experience but accommodation costs can get high. Couchsurfing is one alternative way to arrange your stay without sacrificing any travel money.
- Homestay Living: While studying, working, or volunteering abroad a homestay is a great option for accommodation.